ITIL® (based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library framework) is part of a suite of best-practice publications for IT Service Management (ITSM), used by organisations worldwide to establish and improve their capabilities. It provides a framework of guidance which can be adapted to suit the particular needs of an organisation.
Interest in, and adoption of the ITIL framework has developed significantly since its first introduction into Europe in the early 1990’s. In Australia, this interest began in the late 1990’s and is continuing to grow exponentially.
So why should your organisation be using ITIL®? Here are our Top 6 Reasons.
- A common language, ensuring a consistent approach. Businesses are becoming more and more dependent on IT, which means that a common platform of support and delivery will allow people to work together a lot more easily.
- Allows an understanding of the business dependencies which influence IT service delivery, bridging the gap by defining and delivering value.
- Predictability and consistency in the delivery of services – including ensuring that past mistakes are learnt from and not brushed under the carpet!
- Reassurance for customers that IT is well controlled, with proactive support and minimal downtime. With ITIL® being widely accepted and adapted is also means access to an extensive support network.
- Improves the speed and effectiveness of project delivery through streamlining processes and procedures, enabling a more flexible approach.
- Ability to better manage customer expectations thus improving service quality, especially in an era where customers are demanding more for less.
If you are interested in finding out more about ITIL® and how it can benefit both you and your organisation then please call us on 1300 70 13 14 today to speak to a Professional Development Consultant.
ITIL® is a registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited.