PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate Course
Excellent course material and professional delivery
PRINCE2 is often cited as the most widely used project management method worldwide; It has become the International language for project management.
Who should attend?
The PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Course is ideal for
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Managers and team leaders
- Project Office Managers
- Consultants who manage projects
What you gain from the course
Enrol for PRINCE2 Foundation Certification and you’ll graduate with:
- Hands-on, business ready expertise that you can Immediately apply
- Comprehensive PRINCE2 program materials and case studies
- Sought-after, Industry-leading certification from Australia’s most highly accredited PM and PMO partner
PM-Partners Quality Guarantee:
We don’t cut corners. High quality expert facilitation with a focus on results, combining practical experience, the latest thinking and global standards with quality materials.
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a globally recognised project management methodology. Originating from the UK, it is based on the Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® (by AXELOS Limited).
PRINCE2® is used extensively in more than 150 countries across the world. It is widely considered as the leading method in project management, with in excess of 20,000 organizations benefiting from its trusted approach.
PM-Partners group is a PRINCE2® Accredited Training Organisation (ATO).
As more companies adopt project management into their businesses, the demand for knowledgeable practitioners increases globally. In gaining recognition as a professional, knowledge of such methodologies is paramount. PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Certification form the basis of the PRINCE2® accreditation program. Our intention is to teach the understanding of the PRINCE2® principles, processes and themes. In addition, our goal is for every participant to attain PRINCE2® certification.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The workshop has the following objectives:
- Understand the benefits PRINCE2® brings to an organisation’s project and business environment.
- Understand, apply and use PRINCE2® to deliver projects
- Address and manage risks, complexity and issues using PRINCE2®
- Understand PRINCE2® terminology as compared with other project management guides e.g. PMBOK® Guide
- Prepare candidates for taking the Foundation examination
**IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE YOUR COURSE OBJECTIVES, PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO DO PRE-COURSE WORK FOR THE FOUNDATION WORKSHOP**
Who this Course is designed for
This workshop is designed for:
- Project Managers, Team Leaders, Project Support Staff, Quality Managers, Project Stakeholders
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Successful completion of this workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the principles, themes, and processes of PRINCE2®
- Be prepared if things don’t go to plan
- Be aware of what decisions the project manager is expected to make
- Understand information needs within a project and by whom and when
- Understand the need to tailor PRINCE2® to your project
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Examination
Facilitators of this workshop are highly qualified and experienced practitioners of project management, education and consultancy and hold all relevant certifications with leading bodies.
- Facilitation by experienced, expert practitioners
- Comprehensive workshop materials
- Foundation Certification Guarantee (see following pages)
- Practical, hands-on learning using exercises and case studies
- Full email support throughout the study process
- Telephone and email advice for 60 days
- Pre-course reading and a PRINCE2® Process Model emailed prior to the workshop commencement
- Free PRINCE2® Project Templates after workshop completion
Examination & Certification
By completing the Foundation Workshop (3 days), the participant will have sufficient knowledge to sit the APM Group PRINCE2® Foundation Examination.
The Foundation examination is a one hour, 75 question multiple-choice paper but only 70 questions will be marked. 5 of the 75 questions are for trial and feedback purposes and will not be marked but these will NOT be identified to candidates. Candidates should attempt ALL questions. The pass mark is 35+ marks. The Foundation examination addresses knowledge of the terminology of the method and a high-level understanding of the concepts.
The APM Group administers the PRINCE2® examination scheme.
PM-Partners group offer a Foundation Certification Guarantee to all participants that:
- Attend the complete course and take the exam at the end of the course
- Listen attentively, ask questions and are actively involved
- Have strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Revise and review the materials before the exam
If by following the above you do not pass the Foundation Exam we will put you through again at no charge.
All workshops may be conducted onsite or at our premises, with experienced facilitators providing group and/or individual instruction. Training is provided through hands-on learning, relevant exercises and the provision of a participant handbook. Our participants receive email support throughout the study process and are also entitled to complementary telephone consultation/advice within 60 days of workshop completion.
Assessment of competence is established by observation of contribution and participation during case study exercises and group discussion. Participants will also be able to assess their ability to successfully pass the exam, by completing practice exam questions throughout the programme. Follow-up assignments are not part of this workshop offering, but may be designed and conducted upon request.
Workshop Content Summary
Introduction to PRINCE2®
The background, objectives, benefits, scope and structure of the method.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Business Case
Tailoring PRINCE2® to The Project Environment
- What is tailoring, the general approach to tailoring and project scale.
Please note that to ensure your outcomes are achieved this workshop requires some pre-course prepration.
This will be sent out 2 weeks in advance of the workshop (or at the time of booking if booking is less than 2 weeks prior to workshop commencement). Pre-course preparation timeframe: 1-2 hours.
Gain executive perspective and insight. During our 2013 PMO Forum and Survey we uncovered an important gap in the perspectives of PMOs and their executives coupled with an alarming statistic that 22% of PMOs…Learn more »
Having it all: Agile and PRINCE2®
Is it really possible to take a structured project management method like PRINCE2 and apply it successfully in an agile context? Can we really have the best of both worlds?AXELOS’ latest…Learn more »
Agile or Business Agility?
Whilst Agile process adoption could prove to be an important part of your project success, when Agile is adapted to your organisation’s needs and requirements, it could yield better business returns, helping you outperform…Learn more »