What does it mean when your CEO suddenly says we need to be more agile? Being agile or ‘more’ agile seems to be a common requirement, but what does it really mean? And how do we actually achieve agility at an enterprise level? Introducing AgileSHIFT…
AgileSHIFT from Global Best Practice providers, AXELOS, primes people for transformational change by creating a culture of enterprise agility. It provides everyone with the knowledge and guidance to be able to understand, engage with and influence change by embracing agile and lean ways of working.
AgileSHIFT advocates an enterprise agile approach and addresses:
- Defining Agile, agile and agility
- The rise of popular agile ways of working including Scrum and Kanban
- Alignment of run and change the organisation
- The benefits and barriers to enterprise agility
AgileSHIFT helps people and organisations:
- Be okay with change and uncertainty
- Understand what Agile ways of working are
- By providing an Agile framework that can work for anyone in their day-to-day roles to enable them to respond to, and take responsibility for changes to the way they work
AgileSHIFT encourages all areas of an organisation to be more agile, thereby creating agility across the entire enterprise.
If this ‘whole-enterprise’ approach is not followed, a team that has embraced Agile methods and ways of working may be ultimately hindered by other teams, internal and external, that have not adapted their means of working. The ‘agile’ team may even need to revert to their previous ways of working.
Tell me more…
The framework includes principles, practices, roles and workflow. Principles are the guiding obligations that underpin successful organisational transformation and include:
- Change will happen, so embrace it
- Focus on co-creation of customer value early and often
- Develop an environment where everybody adds value
- Challenge the status quo
- Tailor your approach, and don’t be afraid to experiment
In contrast, practices are an aspect of working in an agile way that should be addressed continuously. The 5 practices are:
- Engage stakeholders
- Build collaborative teams
- Plan to be flexible and adaptable
- Deliver iteratively and incrementally
- Measure value
“A primary aim of AgileSHIFT is to encourage and enable [a] flexible and adaptable approach to a shifting environment.”
Contact one of our professional development consultants today if you’d like to learn more about AgileSHIFT. 1300 70 13 14.
AgileSHIFT® is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.