When we refer to virtual (classroom) training we are meaning just that: delivering live training (not pre-recorded) with a trainer to wherever you are real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in actual training rooms complete with training and AV equipment.
Agile Programme Management (AgilePgM)® Virtual Classroom Training
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Brought to you by experienced trainers based on our market leading materials and content.
Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
KEY TOPICS & DELIVERY
OUTCOMES & CERTIFICATION
About this Course
The world of project and programme management has been evolving over recent years, with agile methods and practices become increasingly popular as organisations seek to respond faster and more effectively to ever-increasing change initiatives.
AgilePgM® provides programme managers with a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of transformational organizational change, allowing for iterative and incremental delivery of outputs and benefits.
The governance model, contained within the guidance, ensures a programme will capture its vision, whilst empowering teams to work without undue interference. Built on firm foundations, the programme can evolve and react to business change in our increasingly dynamic world.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those working in a programme environment wanting to understand and apply agile practices.
Qualification: Agile Programme Management (AgilePgM®) Foundation Certificate
Nominal Days: 2 days
The course helps participants to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile Programme Management
- Lay the foundations for successful agile programmes
- Understand the philosophy, principles, processes, roles and documentation required in an agile programme – compared with a “traditional” programme
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile methods; gain the ability to apply relevant programme management methods, leading to successful agile programmes
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile programmes compared to traditional programmes and be able to tailor these to the situation
- actively promote trust and close co-operation between all stakeholders and provide ongoing visibility into what is happening
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile methods to ensure continuous alignment to a changing business environment
- Ensure incremental and iterative realisation of benefits by encouraging active stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls
- Prepare for the Agile Programme Management Foundation examination
The guidance is based on the DSDM® (Dynamic System Development Method) approach – a long established, internationally recognised framework for agile project delivery.
Materials: A comprehensive participant workbook and the AgilePgM Handbook (published by DSDM) are provided.
- The Basics
- AgilePgM Lifecycle and Products
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and Control
- Quality Management
- Foundation Exam Preparation and Review
- AgilePgM Foundation Exam
Outcomes and Certification Eligibility
The Foundation examination addresses knowledge of the terminology of the method and a high-level understanding of the concepts.
The course includes the AgilePgM Foundation Examination consisting of:
- 50 Multiple choice questions
- 50% pass mark (25/50)
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
Virtual training: Online proctored exam taken after the course. On the last day of your virtual course, you will receive an invitation to book your exam. You have 6 months to sit the exam online. Please check availability when making your booking.
APMG International administers the AgilePgM examination scheme.
To gain the greatest benefit from participation in this course, participants should have an understanding of, or experience of, transformational change in a programme management environment.
This could include, as a minimum, having completed the MSP® Foundation or equivalent.
View all scheduled virtual classroom courses
Your virtual classroom trainer has access to a variety of options to ensure effective communication and learning, both individually and as a group, including:
- Changing how webcams are viewed
- Screen sharing to display a document, presentation or other training content
- Changing the view to make an attendee the presenter
- Conducting polls and tests
- Splitting the classroom into small groups for activities
- Uploading materials
Collaboration and actively participating in a training session are essential. You can:
- Raise and submit questions/comments to the trainer or other attendees
- Use shared apps and drawing tools to collaborate with the whole group
- Participate in ‘breakout’ rooms for activities/small group discussions
- Share the trainer’s keyboard and mouse control
Note: Drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing are available on the installed desktop app only.
As virtual training is a very different experience to face-to-face training, each virtual session will be a maximum of 90 minutes (many sessions will be shorter), followed by a break. Your trainer will confirm the timings of breaks at the start of each day.
|Desktop app option||Web browser option|
|Operating system||Windows 7 – 10
MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – MacOS Mojave 10.14TM
|Internet connection||1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)|
|Hardware||2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
|Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
*It is recommended that you use a wired headset with VoIP to ensure optimal audio quality and to minimise audio feedback. If necessary, you are able to use your phone to dial in to the audio connection.
We are currently using GoToTraining® by LogMeIn. As a training course participant, you do not need a GoToTraining account. Before the training starts you will be sent an email with a link to join the course. When you join the course, you will be prompted to download the GoToTraining software.
The session is completely private and secure and features end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on the system.
Yes. Simply select ‘invoice’ from the payment options during the checkout process and one of our consultants will be in contact to organise payment.
Yes. The exam for this course is to be undertaken online within 6 months of completing the 2 day training course. Upon passing the exam you will be certified. PM-Partners will provide you with the details and log-ins during the course.
Yes. The exam fee is included in the course cost.