When we refer to virtual (classroom) training we are meaning just that: delivering live training (not pre-recorded) with a trainer to wherever you are real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in actual training rooms complete with training and AV equipment.
PM-Partners virtual classroom offers an interactive experience that will engage and prepare you for the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exams. The course is facilitated by our expert team and can be customised to suit your requirements.
Change Management Virtual Classroom Training
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Brought to you by experienced trainers based on our market leading materials and content.
Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
KEY TOPICS & DELIVERY
OUTCOMES & CERTIFICATION
About this Course
One of the challenges facing organisations today is how to modify the business through regular change initiatives, with minimum disruption and maximum gain. Research suggests that 70% of projects fail to secure their anticipated benefits because organisations install new systems, processes or practices, but fail to implement the change fully – people are not sufficiently equipped for or committed to, the new ways of working to sustain them. This demonstrates an obvious need for professionals to supplement traditional project and business management skills with skills in change leadership.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals involved in change initiatives who require a working knowledge of the key principles of change management, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice, including:
- Change managers and aspiring change managers
- Key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of change programmes
- Change leaders (e.g. Sponsors)
- Change agents (e.g. Business Change Managers)
- Change implementers (e.g. programme and project managers)
- Change support (e.g. PMO) and operational line management
Qualification: Change Management Foundation Certificate
Nominal Days: 3 days
Foundation Course Objectives
The Foundation course includes the review, consolidation of concepts and exam questions to prepare participants for the Foundation level certification. Other key objectives are to:
- Understand how individuals are impacted by change and be able to develop strategies to help people through change
- Develop insights into how organisations work, organisational culture and the models and processes of change
- Understand the drivers of change, the change governance structures typically used in organisations and how to define a change vision
- Appreciate how to prepare people for change and support their learning and motivation to change
- Learn about the stakeholder engagement process and how to develop suitable communications strategies and plans
- Appreciate the impact of change on organisations, how to build momentum for change and sustain it
- Understand the importance of defined change roles, and how to build and support an effective change team
Qualification: Change Management Practitioner Certificate
Nominal Days: 1 day
Practitioner Course Objectives
The Practitioner course prepares participants to undertake and pass the Change Management Practitioner Examination. The Practitioner level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Change Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation.
The course also includes review, consolidation of concepts and exam questions for the Practitioner level certification.
Please note that the Practitioner course is an examination preparation course and focuses on the application of Change Management to prepare candidates for the Practitioner examination.
The Foundation course provides a working knowledge of the key principles of Change Management and addresses:
- The change management context
- Change and the individual
- Change and the organisation
- Stakeholder strategy
- Communication and engagement
- Change impact
- Change readiness
- The change team
- Effective teams and team development
- Preparing for resistance
The Practitioner course looks at applying all areas of the Foundation course and includes:
- Project Management – change initiatives, projects and programmes
- Sustaining change
- Change levers
- Reinforcing systems
- Review of Practitioner examination format
- Practice Practitioner examination questions
How this course is delivered
Trainers of this course will use a practical delivery approach to provide participants with a ‘hands-on’, multi-faceted and challenging learning experience. Understanding and recall techniques will be used to provide participants with a solid Change Management comprehension.
Courses are facilitated by our expert team and can be conducted onsite, at our premises or virtually. All courses can be customised to suit your requirements.
Materials: A comprehensive participant workbook is provided for each course along with the textbook The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, which is issued during the Foundation course.
Outcomes and Certification Eligibility
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a participant has sufficient knowledge and understanding of change management to work as an informed member of a team working on an organisational change initiative.
The Foundation course includes the Change Management Foundation Examination which consists of:
- 50 multiple choice questions
- 50% pass mark (25/50)
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
Online proctored exam taken after the course. On completion of the Foundation virtual training, you will receive an invitation to book your Foundation exam. You have 6 months to sit the exam online. Please check availability when making your booking.
The Practitioner course includes the Change Management Practitioner Exam.
Please note: a Foundation examination pass is a prerequisite to sitting the Practitioner examination.
The exam consists of:
- Complex multiple choice based on a case study scenario
- 4 questions (20 marks each)
- 50% pass mark (40/80)
- 150 minutes (2.5 hours) duration
- Open book (The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook only)
Online proctored exam taken after the course. On completion of the Practitioner virtual training, you will receive an invitation to book your Practitioner exam. You have 6 months to sit the exam online. Please check availability when making your booking.
The Change Management qualification is valid for 5 years. Practitioners should re-register within 3-5 years of their original certification in order to demonstrate their commitment to professional development.
To gain the most benefit from participating in this course, the following experience is recommended:
- Previous or current experience of working on change initiatives, or planning to do so in the near future
- Previous experience in a change environment
Participants are required to complete pre-course preparation for the Foundation course.
Please be aware that pre-course work must be completed prior to the course. Failure to complete pre-course work may mean that you are not ready to fully participate in the course and may limit your ability to gain the outcomes you are hoping to achieve.
Pre-course material will be sent out 2 weeks in advance of the course (or at time of booking if booking less than 2 weeks prior to course commencement).
To be eligible to sit the Change Management Practitioner examination, participants must have obtained a pass in the Change Management Foundation exam (25 or more out of 50).
View all scheduled virtual classroom courses
Your virtual classroom trainer has access to a variety of options to ensure effective communication and learning, both individually and as a group, including:
- Changing how webcams are viewed
- Screen sharing to display a document, presentation or other training content
- Changing the view to make an attendee the presenter
- Conducting polls and tests
- Splitting the classroom into small groups for activities
- Uploading materials
Collaboration and actively participating in a training session are essential. You can:
- Raise and submit questions/comments to the trainer or other attendees
- Use shared apps and drawing tools to collaborate with the whole group
- Participate in ‘breakout’ rooms for activities/small group discussions
- Share the trainer’s keyboard and mouse control
Note: Drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing are available on the installed desktop app only.
As virtual training is a very different experience to face-to-face training, each virtual session will be a maximum of 90 minutes (many sessions will be shorter), followed by a break. Your trainer will confirm the timings of breaks at the start of each day.
The number of attendees for a virtual class will vary but to ensure an optimal experience we are limiting the maximum number of attendees to 12.
|Desktop app option||Web browser option|
|Operating system||Windows 7 – 10
MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – MacOS Mojave 10.14TM
|Internet connection||1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)|
|Hardware||2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
|Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
*It is recommended that you use a wired headset with VoIP to ensure optimal audio quality and to minimise audio feedback. If necessary, you are able to use your phone to dial in to the audio connection.
We are currently using GoToTraining® by LogMeIn. As a training course participant, you do not need a GoToTraining account. Before the training starts you will be sent an email with a link to join the course. When you join the course, you will be prompted to download the GoToTraining software.
The session is completely private and secure and features end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on the system.
Yes. Simply select ‘invoice’ from the payment options during the checkout process and one of our consultants will be in contact to organise payment.
Yes. Change Management Foundation and Change Management Practitioner can be purchased together as a package at a discounted rate. Book now & save!
Yes. Upon passing the exams you will be certified.
Yes. The exam fee is included in the course cost.
Please note: You must have completed and passed the Foundation exam as a prerequisite to sitting the Practitioner exam