When we refer to virtual (classroom) training we are meaning just that: delivering live training (not pre-recorded) with a trainer to wherever you are real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in actual training rooms complete with training and AV equipment.
Leading SAFe® Virtual Classroom Training
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Brought to you by experienced trainers based on our market leading materials and content.
Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
KEY TOPICS & DELIVERY
OUTCOMES & CERTIFICATION
About this Course
During this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. This course explores the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise, whilst allowing participants to practice the skills required for supporting and executing Program Increment (PI) Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
This course will provide you with an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. It will also show you how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. You will develop a skillset that is in demand worldwide—and empower your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you become a SAFe®5 Agilist (SA).
Who is this course for?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
Qualification: Leading SAFe® 5.0
Nominal Days: 2 days
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Lead the transformation to Business Agility with SAFe
- Become a Lean-Agile leader
- Explain the importance of the Seven Core Competencies of Business Agility
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product Delivery
- Initiate Lean Portfolio Management
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Thriving in the digital age with Business Agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the change
How this course is delivered
Courses are facilitated by our qualified and experienced trainers who have been through a rigorous process in demonstrating their experience and practical working knowledge.
Courses can be conducted onsite, at our premises or virtually. All courses can be customised to suit your requirements.
PM-Partners is a Scaled Agile Silver Partner.
Outcomes and Certification Eligibility
Registration entitles you to the following:
- Comprehensive participant workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe®5 Agilist exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, with access to members-only resources such as workbooks, Communities of Practice (CoPs), and professional development videos
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Attending this course prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The exam is a multiple choice, closed-book, online examination (90 mins, 45 questions, 75% passing score).
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Agilist certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
Note: Attendees must attend both days of the course to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Whilst not a formal prerequisite, it is recommended that you have undertaken the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) course to better understand the concepts.
View all scheduled virtual classroom courses
Your virtual classroom trainer has access to a variety of options to ensure effective communication and learning, both individually and as a group, including:
- Changing how webcams are viewed
- Screen sharing to display a document, presentation or other training content
- Changing the view to make an attendee the presenter
- Conducting polls and tests
- Splitting the classroom into small groups for activities
- Uploading materials
Collaboration and actively participating in a training session are essential. You can:
- Raise and submit questions/comments to the trainer or other attendees
- Use shared apps and drawing tools to collaborate with the whole group
- Participate in ‘breakout’ rooms for activities/small group discussions
- Share the trainer’s keyboard and mouse control
Note: Drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing are available on the installed desktop app only.
As virtual training is a very different experience to face-to-face training, each virtual session will be a maximum of 90 minutes (many sessions will be shorter), followed by a break. Your trainer will confirm the timings of breaks at the start of each day.
|Desktop app option||Web browser option|
|Operating system||Windows 7 – 10
MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – MacOS Mojave 10.14TM
|Internet connection||1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)|
|Hardware||2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
|Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
*It is recommended that you use a wired headset with VoIP to ensure optimal audio quality and to minimise audio feedback. If necessary, you are able to use your phone to dial in to the audio connection.
We are currently using GoToTraining® by LogMeIn. As a training course participant, you do not need a GoToTraining account. Before the training starts you will be sent an email with a link to join the course. When you join the course, you will be prompted to download the GoToTraining software.
The session is completely private and secure and features end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on the system.
Yes. Simply select ‘invoice’ from the payment options during the checkout process and one of our consultants will be in contact to organise payment.
Yes. Upon passing the exam you will be certified.
Yes. The exam fee is included in the course cost if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.