When we refer to virtual (classroom) training we are meaning just that: delivering live training (not pre-recorded) with a trainer to wherever you are real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in actual training rooms complete with training and AV equipment.
Project Management Fundamentals Virtual Classroom Training
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Brought to you by experienced trainers based on our market leading materials and content.
Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
KEY TOPICS & DELIVERY
OUTCOMES & CERTIFICATION
About this Course
As its name implies, this course will provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills to both manage a project end-to-end, and/or be an effective and valuable member of the project team.
The course covers the fundamental steps in every project’s life cycle and uses a real-life case study approach to follow a project from conception through to completion and final review.
The focus is on immediate and direct knowledge transfer to the workplace.
Please note: While Agile concepts are introduced, this is not an Agile course. PM-Partners offers many Agile courses, the overviews for which can be located on our website.
Don’t get left behind
Industry research shows that a third of all projects are delivered late. To add to this, even more come in over budget or run past the original deadline, and 28% fail altogether. How you lead a project or perform in a project team can dictate the success or failure of each initiative or project that you are involved in, regardless of its size or complexity.
Our interactive course provides you with proven techniques, tools and processes to deliver projects within specification, on time and on budget.
The course is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), current research and best practice industry standards, as well as drawing upon the extensive experience of PM-Partners group’s broad ranging and continuing involvement in assisting organisations to achieve rapid results in project delivery capability.
Who is this course for?
- Project managers wishing to formalise their skills and/or to revisit fundamental principles.
- Members of project teams who wish to broaden their understanding of the Project Management Framework and its essential disciplines.
- Technical specialists / engineers moving into a project management/team leadership role, or working for a project manager.
Qualification: Project Management Fundamentals
Module 1 of our Project Management Professional Development Program
Nominal Days: 2 days
Program Area: Professional Certification
Trainers of this course will use a case study delivery approach to provide participants with a ‘hands-on’, multi-faceted and challenging learning experience.
Participants will be actively engaged in progressing the project from conception to closure, and in building the necessary documentation and communications tools to do so.
How this course is delivered
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
Materials: A comprehensive participant handbook is provided.
Outcomes and Certification Eligibility
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Describe the similarities and differences between an Agile and a Traditional/Waterfall approach within the topic areas below.
- Assimilate essential tools and disciplines for planning and controlling projects effectively.
- Scope a project effectively.
- Create a work breakdown structure and translate this into a reliable schedule.
- Estimate with a greater degree of accuracy using common-sense and proven techniques.
- Make successful cost/schedule/scope trade-offs.
- Assess and manage project risks.
- Baseline projects and perform timely tracking, reporting and communication; managing stakeholder expectations and communication.
- Avoid ‘scope-creep’ by identifying, managing and controlling change throughout a project.
- Close a project effectively.
Project Management Fundamentals is available as a stand-alone course, but also forms the foundation (Module 1) for the ‘Project Management Professional Development Program’.
Project Management in Practice (Module 2) is a three-day course which provides a deeper exploration into the disciplines and daily challenges faced by the Project Manager. Please visit our website or contact us on 1300 701 314 for further details on this course.
Experience Based Qualifications*
Once you have gained industry experience in Project Management, you may wish to pursue a nationally recognised, experience-based qualification.
PM-Partners have selected Opportune Professional Development (RTO ID:60072) as our preferred provider of Nationally Recognised Qualifications. Opportune specialises in Experience Based Qualifications that make the achievement of a qualification streamlined and efficient for professionals wanting to have their previous learning and experience recognised with a qualification.
Please see the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice or BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management page of our website for more information.
* Opportune Professional Development is the provider of these qualifications. PM-Partners is not a Registered Training Organisation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
View all scheduled virtual classroom courses
Your virtual classroom trainer has access to a variety of options to ensure effective communication and learning, both individually and as a group, including:
- Changing how webcams are viewed
- Screen sharing to display a document, presentation or other training content
- Changing the view to make an attendee the presenter
- Conducting polls and tests
- Splitting the classroom into small groups for activities
- Uploading materials
Collaboration and actively participating in a training session are essential. You can:
- Raise and submit questions/comments to the trainer or other attendees
- Use shared apps and drawing tools to collaborate with the whole group
- Participate in ‘breakout’ rooms for activities/small group discussions
- Share the trainer’s keyboard and mouse control
Note: Drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing are available on the installed desktop app only.
As virtual training is a very different experience to face-to-face training, each virtual session will be a maximum of 90 minutes (many sessions will be shorter), followed by a break. Your trainer will confirm the timings of breaks at the start of each day.
|Desktop app option||Web browser option|
|Operating system||Windows 7 – 10
MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – MacOS Mojave 10.14TM
|Internet connection||1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)|
|Hardware||2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
|Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
*It is recommended that you use a wired headset with VoIP to ensure optimal audio quality and to minimise audio feedback. If necessary, you are able to use your phone to dial in to the audio connection.
We are currently using GoToTraining® by LogMeIn. As a training course participant, you do not need a GoToTraining account. Before the training starts you will be sent an email with a link to join the course. When you join the course, you will be prompted to download the GoToTraining software.
The session is completely private and secure and features end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on the system.
Yes. Simply select ‘invoice’ from the payment options during the checkout process and one of our consultants will be in contact to organise payment.
No. There are no certifications or exams undertaken in this course. However, you do receive a Completion Certificate from PM-Partners group.
Yes. This course forms part of the Project Management Professional Development Program which can be purchased at a discounted rate. Buy now & save!