When we refer to virtual (classroom) training we are meaning just that: delivering live training (not pre-recorded) with a trainer to wherever you are real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Our trainers are based in actual training rooms complete with training and AV equipment.
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) Virtual Classroom Training
Our virtual training is streamed live (not pre-recorded) with an accredited trainer in real-time – otherwise referred to as Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Brought to you by experienced trainers based on our market leading materials and content.
Our trainers are based in real training rooms complete with audio visual equipment. We apply best practices incorporating a modular approach with frequent activities, visual engagement, appropriate pace and relevant dynamic learning to add value.
KEY TOPICS & DELIVERY
OUTCOMES & CERTIFICATION
About this Course
Scrum, created by Schwaber and Sutherland (c. 1995), is a popular Agile framework for developing and sustaining complex products. It offers a collection of roles, events, artefacts and rules, providing a way to assess the efficiency of your practices so that you can improve.
Scrum was formulated as a faster, more flexible way to deliver the greatest value in the least amount of time.
The Scrum Master Certified course is a collaborative learning experience, including roundtables, group discussions, team activities and role-plays.
The course also prepares candidates for the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification exam.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- Those who work in a Scrum environment
- Project managers
- Project team members and developers
- Technical co-ordinators, team managers / leaders
- Program and portfolio managers
Qualification: Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
Nominal Days: 2 days
Exam: Booked and taken online within 6 months of course completion (optional)
This course will enable participants to:
- Gain an overview of the Agile principles – the Agile Manifesto
- Gain an understanding of how Scrum differs from traditional project management methods
- Gain an understanding of Scrum core team roles and how they interface with non-core team roles
- Learn how to conduct effective Scrum planning meetings to set the foundation for successful Sprints
- Learn the importance of conducting effective Daily Stand-ups
- Appreciate the importance of time-boxed meetings / activities
- Learn how to facilitate and understand the benefits of the Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings
- Learn the importance of transparency through artefacts, meetings and information radiators such as Burndown Charts and Scrumboards
- Learn how to scale Scrum in programs and portfolios
- Learn tips on how to transition your organisation to Scrum
- Prepare for the Scrum Master Certified certification exam
- An Introduction to Agile and Scrum
- Scrum Principles and Aspects in detail
- Scrum Roles
- The Scrum Lifecycle
- Scaling Scrum
- Conducting a Scrum project
How this course is delivered
Trainers of this course will use a practical delivery approach to provide participants with a ‘hands-on’, multi-faceted and challenging learning experience. Understanding and recall techniques will be used to provide participants with a solid comprehension of Scrum.
Courses are facilitated by our experienced and qualified SCRUMstudy Certified Trainers (SCT™). These can be held on-site, at our premises or virtually. All courses can be customised to suit your requirements.
Materials: A comprehensive participant handbook is provided.
Outcomes and Certification Eligibility
This course prepares candidates to sit the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification exam. Participants may, at the end of this program, register to undertake the proctored online examination which consists of:
- 100 multiple choice questions
- 2 hours duration
- One mark per correct answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
Exams are administered by ScrumStudy and the cost of the exam is included in the course fee.
Please note that to ensure your outcomes are achieved this course requires some pre-course preparation. This material will be sent out 2 weeks in advance of the course (or at time of booking if booking less than 2 weeks prior to course commencement).
It is a requirement that participants familiarise themselves with this material prior to commencing this course.
View all scheduled virtual classroom courses
Your virtual classroom trainer has access to a variety of options to ensure effective communication and learning, both individually and as a group, including:
- Changing how webcams are viewed
- Screen sharing to display a document, presentation or other training content
- Changing the view to make an attendee the presenter
- Conducting polls and tests
- Splitting the classroom into small groups for activities
- Uploading materials
Collaboration and actively participating in a training session are essential. You can:
- Raise and submit questions/comments to the trainer or other attendees
- Use shared apps and drawing tools to collaborate with the whole group
- Participate in ‘breakout’ rooms for activities/small group discussions
- Share the trainer’s keyboard and mouse control
Note: Drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing are available on the installed desktop app only.
As virtual training is a very different experience to face-to-face training, each virtual session will be a maximum of 90 minutes (many sessions will be shorter), followed by a break. Your trainer will confirm the timings of breaks at the start of each day.
|Desktop app option||Web browser option|
|Operating system||Windows 7 – 10
MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – MacOS Mojave 10.14TM
|Internet connection||1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)|
|Hardware||2GB or more of RAM
Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
|Microphone and speakers* (headset recommended)
*It is recommended that you use a wired headset with VoIP to ensure optimal audio quality and to minimise audio feedback. If necessary, you are able to use your phone to dial in to the audio connection.
We are currently using GoToTraining® by LogMeIn. As a training course participant, you do not need a GoToTraining account. Before the training starts you will be sent an email with a link to join the course. When you join the course, you will be prompted to download the GoToTraining software.
The session is completely private and secure and features end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. No unencrypted information is ever stored on the system.
Yes. Simply select ‘invoice’ from the payment options during the checkout process and one of our consultants will be in contact to organise payment.
Yes. The exam for this course is to be undertaken online within 6 months of completing the 2 day training course. Upon passing the exam you will be certified. PM-Partners will provide you with the details and log-ins during the course.
Yes. The exam fee is included in the course cost.