Our client’s Technology and Distribution Department was criticised for not delivering projects on time or within budget and received negative feedback for having poor customer-facing and management skills.
PM-Partners group collaboratively worked with the teams across the organisation to establish a Project Management Office (PMO) with highly capable advisors and managers.
We worked with our client and provided a functionally operating project environment, for the end to end lifecycle, involving business and customer stakeholders; including a centralised project register and portfolio management. To ensure the PMO was successful, we continued to run the PMO until the customer was ready to transition (Virtual PMO Service).
Components delivered included:
- Project Management training and coaching
- Project Management Framework, customised for our client and their internal customers, which encompassed:
- Lifecycle, phases, activities, deliverables, approvers, and accountable roles
- Roles and responsibilities for the PMO and project teams
- High level integration with the Change Management (People and Organisation) methodology
- Governance structures which integrate with executive and change (people and organisation) mechanisms eg Steering Committees, Portfolio Management Review Group, Business/Customer Teams (including a Business Change Manager), Project Teams involving internal, shared corporate services, cross divisional, and third parties
- Project portfolio register and management processes
"PM-Partners has provided a very high level of service, and has always seen the engagement as a partnership in terms of successfully developing and bedding down the PMO and project management methodologies and learnings. We are continuing to evolve the PMO with their skilled and experienced representatives."
Acting Director Technology and Distribution
Download PDF version