Copyright Agency Limited: Transforming business practices to improve efficiencies
When major changes to regulatory compliance and business strategy hit Copyright Agency Limited (CAL), senior decision-makers knew they had to align their processes for greater efficiencies. Here’s how PM-Partners worked with CAL on transforming business practices to stay ahead and meet expected future demands.
- CAL had previously tried to enact transformational change but were unsuccessful.
- CAL needed to automate the majority of their business practices in order to reduce their cost base in an increasingly complex and expensive market.
- PM-Partners provided the independent expertise CAL needed to complete their transformational journey over a two-year period.
For nearly half a century, Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) has provided institutions across a range of sectors with the licensing solutions to use copyrighted words and images in Australia, whether in print or electronic form. Because of their wide-ranging services, any changes to the regulatory environment or their business strategy can result in major shake-ups internally.
Facing regulatory compliance changes and a shift in business strategy, CAL’s senior leadership recognised that they needed to overhaul their business processes in order to see greater internal efficiencies. Growing complexity within the business was having a negative impact, and the systems architecture was no longer able to meet the demands of their expected future processes.
CAL identified the need to automate the majority of their business practices in order to reduce their cost base against the backdrop of an increasingly complex and expensive market. However, initial attempts to transform the business were unsuccessful.
Their established model was process-driven, requiring significant manual intervention and handover. Now, CAL realised they needed an automated and systemised business process – moving away from multiple bespoke systems to a centralised core set. By transforming business practices, the aim was to simplify IT, sourcing and ongoing investment decisions, while minimising costs and improving efficiencies.
How PM-Partners helped
One of the main reasons CAL’s business transformation had been unsuccessful in the past was because requirements were not clearly defined and were constantly changing. Senior leadership identified the need to bring in external support with expertise in organisational transformation and change.
PM-Partners immediately provided independent expertise to support the executive and programme teams through the transformational journey. This included steering committee chairmanship, governance and support, as well as providing CAL with ownership and accountability in the form of business analysis and project and programme management delivery services.
Over a two-year period, PM-Partners successfully delivered the entire transformation programme of work, allowing CAL to:
- Achieve lower costs for the overall transformation.
- Shift communication with internal teams, executives and external partners.
- Successfully define their requirements, prepare and execute the tender process and select the required partner.
- Implement an enterprise-wide solution that gave them the ability to maintain costs and scale their business for the future.
“PM-Partners were able to provide the right people at the right time to help manage the transition. This gave the board and myself an added level of confidence.”
– Jim Alexander, CEO (former), Copyright Agency Limited
Struggling to manage increasing complexity? Find out how PM-Partners can support your organisation throughout its transformation journey, minimise costs and improve efficiencies. Contact our expert team or call us on 1300 70 13 14 today.