en world Japan
is an international recruitment company which supports clients and candidates in the global talent market. 94 out of the top 100 companies in Japan are clients of en world Japan. en world Japan
has offices in Tokyo, Kanagawa, Nagoya and Osaka in Japan, as well as Regional offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Korea and Vietnam; and are aggressively expanding into other markets.
The rapid growth of en world Japan K.K., placed considerable strain on business systems and processes. This created a need for a complex, multi-lingual, multi-currency Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) to be implemented via a business programme.
PM-Partners assisted world Japan K.K. to implement a major business change and ERP implementation to support the rapid growth of their complex multilingual global business.
The business challenge
PM-Partners assisted en world Japan K.K. to implement a major business change and ERP implementation to support the rapid growth of their complex multilingual global business.
The rapid growth of en world Japan K.K., placed considerable strain on business systems and processes. This created a need for a complex, multi-lingual, multi-currency Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) to be implemented via a business program.
The project involved people, process and technology change with the implementation of a new ERP system to replace disparate platforms that:
- were no longer scalable, either in functionality or number of users
- did not operate with multiple languages or currencies
- required multiple, very manual data entry steps and reliance on multiple manual spreadsheets.
- facilitated a series of high interactive workshops that engaged and supported stakeholders
Understanding that an ERP implementation process can be prone to some disastrous results, en world Japan K.K. engaged PM-Partners group to manage the programme.
How we helped?
PM-Partners were engaged by en world Japan K.K. to program manage the ERP initiative. Our team:
- worked closely with all key stakeholders to define the measurable business objectives and benefits
- mapped those business objectives to requirements
- managed the consistent use of project management and business analysis standards and systems across all projects
- monitor and maintain the schedule status, project dependencies, risk issues, resources and change control
- report on program delivery information to program and corporate executives
- develop a benefit realisation framework
- coordinate all key project and governance forums/ committees
The interactive Workshops and frequent company-wide updates created a keen awareness of the Business Needs; and a consensus on how to approach the specification of a solution, reflected in:
- A Business Requirements Specification
- An Organisational Readiness Assessment
PM-Partners group’s leadership in executing these Strategies resulted in en world Japan subsequently engaging us to:
- Create an RFP for the ERP Solution
- Manage the entire RFP Process: Vendor identification, Response evaluation and short-listing, facilitating Vendor presentations, and leading en world Japan Stakeholders to produce a weighted evaluation resulting in selecting a successful Vendor
- Negotiation of the Contract to Provide an ERP Solution: PM-Partners were able to provide en world Japan the most cost effective Solution to meet their needs, including negotiating a 72% discount on licensing fees
Our solid performance in achieving all of these outcomes cemented PM-Partners as a ‘trusted advisor’ to en world Japan and has resulted in en world Japan further engaging us to Program Manage the overall implementation:
- Working closely with the Vendor to ensure alignment of the Solution with the Business Needs
- Mentoring and assisting the en world Japan Project Management and Project Execution teams; providing templates for Organisational Change and Roadmaps for communication
- Reinforcing the principals of Structured Project Management to achieve continued success
The ERP Solution will continue to evolve with en world Japan’s aggressive growth into Asia, and we will continue to work as en world Japan as a trusted Advisor and Partner.
Very importantly, our success in executing a strategy based in structured methodologies has gone a long way to secure the support of a very sceptical Parent company of en world Japan, who failed in an attempt to implement their own ERP Solution.
PM-Partners group successfully established and managed the program, provided the executive with peace of mind and a quality outcome.
Download PDF version