Steve Howard, Senior Consultant, Facilitator and Business Analysis Practice Lead at PM-Partners group will be presenting at the next PMI® Sydney Chapter event.
Come join him on the 7th October where he will be discussing ‘Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers, Program Managers and Business Analysts‘.
Castlereagh Boutique Hotel, 169 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Tuesday 7 October 2014, 6PM for 6:30PM start; finish at 8PM.
Members $20 (50% discount). Guests are also welcome at a cost of $40 per person.
Close 8pm 5 October or when event capacity is reached (100 people) REGISTRATIONS HAVE CLOSED
Good Portfolio. Programme and Project Managers understand the hard skills of time, cost, scope and quality, but the best Project Managers also master the soft skills of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Learn how to sharpen your emotional intelligence skills to:
- Communicate and negotiate better with stakeholders
- Work efficiently with volatile and unpredictable people
- Influence people who don’t report to you
- Leverage yours and others EQ social style to break down cultural and conflicting barriers
- Better manage relationships within your project and improve processes in complex environments
Emotional Intelligence for Project Management Teams and Business Analysts is a short presentation which is designed to showcase the powerful strategies and business models from a range of subjects that underpin today’s project management and business analysis profession. This presentation will allow participants to network with peers, ask questions and gain insights in less than one hour. The session provides a down-to-earth overview of best practice, case examples, trends and observations and PM-Partners ‘Lessons from the Field’ (insights and tips from our field experience).
- What is the business value of EQ is and why does it matter?
- Can EQ be learned?
- Undertaking the Social Style test
- Learning self-awareness techniques and how to apply them
- How EQ supports project management and business analysis competencies
- Improving EQ by applying Behavioural Styles
- The role of EQ in a project environment
This workshop is for anyone regardless of your role and responsibility or where you sit in the org chart. Overwhelming research is surfacing every day to support the importance of personal growth and awareness by increasing your EQ. Every facet of our lives both professionally and personally largely depends on our interpersonal skills and the ability to build and sustain relationships.
About the Presenter
Stephen has been consulting, facilitating, speaking, negotiating, mentoring and directing in the areas of strategic IT Management, Operational Management Leadership Skills, Program and Project Management, Business Analysis, ITIL Cross Functional Team Development, Negotiation and Emotional Intelligence across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe, to an audience wishing to develop their leadership, strategic planning, time management, and many other skills. Stephen draws on real world experiences and facilitates a transfer of skills and knowledge through a passionate delivery style.
Stephen has been decorated 3 times from 13 years of military service including a Nobel Peace Prize decoration for active service on the Middle East. Duties whilst serving include military Prison Guard, Surface to Air Missile Guidance Instructor, Northern Ireland Border Patrol Commander, Weapons Instructor and Sniper Leader.
Stephen has received countless letters of excellent feedback, thanks and requests to return for further programs from multiple clients during his time at PM-Partners group. Stephen’s feedback stands at the highest among consultants and facilitators across both his last company and PM-Partners group
- Microsoft Team Leadership Annual Award for Team Development & Client Feedback
- National Contractor of the Year, Hudson Recruitment Australia
- Outstanding Performance from NSW Department Health, Project Manager for Child Obesity Program
- Department of Health, Senior Advisor for the Meningococcal Vaccination Program NSW
- Asia-Pacific Best Business eCommerce Award by Lotus Corporation, Florida USA for Global ProjectWeb, Bovis Lend Lease
The PMI Registered Education logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.