Adaptive Transformations are a result of unprecedented disruption and market turbulence, coupled with the aspirations of the C Suite to adapt more often to be competitive.
The increase in frequency of these transformations heralds the idea that there is a new era of ‘always transforming’.
When executed well, adaptive transformations will take companies and Government agencies to higher levels of performance, while better supporting customers, shareholders and citizens.
Adaptive transformations have several implications for the C Suite and Boards:
- The executives at the C Level and Board require a higher level of understanding around risk and delivery of transformations
- Emotional intelligence will be a prerequisite of senior leaders to help enable people within the organisation adapt to the pressure of constant transformations
- The C Suite will be required to drive and sustain the value of adaptive transformations while anticipating what comes next
- The C Suite will need to be flexible enough to set the agenda for the transformation and be clear on scope. This is inclusive of the threshold KPIs that need to be delivered and the timing of transformation program
- The C Suite will need to develop the transformation leadership in the organisation and embed strong organisational change management
Leading organisations in Adaptive Transformations is probably the most exciting part of the future. Do you agree? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
If you need help transforming your business, please contact PM-Partners on 1300 70 13 14.