“How did I really go in my exam? What are my strengths? What are my weaker areas? Where do I need to focus on in the future?” are questions often asked by exam candidates.
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) is introducing a new format Exam Result Report for Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) examinations.
What are the changes?
The Exam Result Report has been updated to offer more guidance, information and support to individuals taking the certification exams. Previously candidates were advised of pass/fail and proficiency rating (proficient, moderately proficient or below proficient).
The new ratings for both overall and domain level performance are:
- Above Target. Performance exceeds minimum requirements.
- Target. Performance meets minimum requirements.
- Below Target. Performance slightly below target and fails to meet minimum requirements. Additional preparation is recommended before re-examination.
- Needs Improvement. Performance is well-below target and fails to meet minimum requirements. Additional preparation is strongly recommended before re-examination.
New Exam Analysis Webpage
In addition, PMI® has created an Exam Analysis webpage on the Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS), where test takers can get even more detailed information on their exam performance. This includes:
- A detailed, visual explanation of performance at the domain and task level
- A better understanding of how you performed compared to the passing point of the exam
- Customised tips on next steps to focus study or future professional development
These changes will take effect for CAPM® on 22 August 2017 and PMP® 28 August 2017. There are no changes however to the examinations themselves or the way in which the exams are scored to determine pass/fail status.
If you are considering gaining your PMP® or CAPM® Certification, speak to our Professional Development Consultants about our PMI® Exam Preparation Workshop or click here for more information. 1300 70 13 14.
PMI®, PMP and CAPM® are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.