Scrum Australia 2013 – Press Release
Australia’s first Scrum conference to be held in April
Monday Feb 25, Sydney
The global Scrum Alliance in conjunction with Scrum Australia are proud to bring to Australia the highly interactive Scrum Gathering® experience as run around the world since 2004.
Scrum Australia 2013 is a two day conference bringing together practitioners who are using the world’s most widely adopted Agile framework. It is unique in that it focuses specifically on Scrum as opposed to the broader Agile landscape, allowing for the communication of specific and highly practical implementation advice that can be applied immediately in the real-world.
The theme of “swimming” is inspired by the event’s location – Sydney – where ocean pools and surf beaches meet the city itself. Programme streams include:
- Swimming in the pool – specific Scrum practices and enablers;
- Between the flags – practical advice for those who want to venture into unpredictable territory;
- Sage of the waves – experience reports from those who have conquered the surf; and
- Exploring the open water – deeper, more advanced topics.
The content of the programme is uniquely diverse in format. It offers many ways for people to connect, learn and be inspired – some of which may never have before been offered at a conference event in Australia. Session formats include the following.
- In-depth Seminars – covering practical topics at all levels from the swimming pool to the ocean
- Experience Reports – real implementation experiences and Scrum success stories
- Hands-on Workshops – learning by doing
- Scrum Clinic – one-on-one coaching with some of the world’s most experienced Scrum Coaches and Trainers
- Open Space – where the programme is created by self-organising participants on the day
- Extensive Networking Opportunities – connecting with the thriving regional Scrum community
This inaugural full-scale Scrum conference is strongly supported by the Scrum Alliance, SMS Management and Technology, Atlassian, realestate.com.au, GLiNTECH, PM-Partners, Pantha Corp and onedot. Thanks go to AxisAgile, Scrum WithStyle and YOW! for their assistance in organising the event.
When: April 10-11, 2013
Where: NSW Teachers Federation Conference Centre, 37 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills, Sydney
Please join us for a uniquely rich and interactive conference experience in April!
About Scrum Australia Limited
Scrum Australia is a not-for-profit organisation established by a group of highly experienced Scrum professionals to create a deeper understanding of the features and benefits of the Scrum product development method in Australia. Scrum Australia runs conferences and supports Scrum and Agile user groups to enhance knowledge sharing and professional community building.
About Scrum Alliance Inc
The Scrum Alliance is a not-for-profit professional membership organisation created to share the Scrum framework and transform the world of work. The Scrum Alliance’s mission is to increase awareness and understanding of Scrum, provide resources to individuals and organisations using Scrum, and promote the iterative improvement necessary to succeed with Scrum. The Scrum Alliance hosts Scrum Gatherings and supports Scrum User Groups, providing a forum for interactive learning throughout the world.