A large data analytics firm approached PM-Partners to design a framework for delivery of their products using a Lean Startup and Agile methodology. The organisation had no project delivery framework (neither Waterfall nor Agile), and employees familiar with product delivery processes were rare.
3 Products have been delivered using Agile methodology. 12 Business cases have been developed. 4 Teams are now using Agile
In our initial assessment of the organisation, we identified a) high level of readiness, b) low level of Agile maturity, and c) strong cultural alignment with agile principles. Based on these findings we recommended the following steps:
– PM-Partners group provided training and coaching for Group Executives and key stakeholders.
Defining a transformation roadmap
– Once the Group Executive were trained on this new concept; we collaboratively developed the transformation roadmap with key milestones and success criteria defined.
The pilot project
– With a roadmap developed, we helped the team to choose a simple piece of work, with minimum dependency on other initiatives, to pilot the new method of working.
This pilot project has met its success criteria.
NEXT STEPS AND INITIATIVES:
PM-Partners continues to work with the Group Executives to scale the success and repeat the process for three additional initiatives.
We are currently providing continuous coaching on:
Contribution to Delivery:
- Product Lifecycle: Concept, Growth, Maturity
- Delivery Lifecycle: Phases, Workshops, Deliverables
- Collaboration culture, Concepts of Lean and Agile
Download PDF Version
- Facilitation for key workshops, across teams, programs and portfolios
- Running and guiding through the first sprints iterations
- Demonstrating where, and how, to change current styles to extract and deliver more value faster and with better quality