Data Centre Fit Out
Digital Realty needed to expedite a Data Centre fitout for a financial institute to alleviate financial and lease revenue loss and disruption to business activity.
PM-Partners group provided the overall project management ensuring an 8-week duration, data centre fit-out was achieved.
Digital Realty provides business solutions for the management and scaling of data centre campuses. Having experienced significant client growth, Digital Realty engaged PM-Partners to assist with project management capability, specifically for an engagement with a global financial institute. Digital Realty’s client - said financial institute
- was set to move into a brand new, state of the art, data centre facility; with Digital Realty required to complete the site fitout within 3 months of contract signing to alleviate financial and lease revenue loss and disruption to business activity.
PM-Partners group provided the overall project management required to deliver the data centre fitout, including complete oversight of the following activities:
- Mechanical, engineering, security and plant contractor management
- Data centre facility design
- Electrical and structured cabling fit-out and testing
- Data centre cooling
- Data centre security (including cage, CCTV, alarming)
- Commissioning documentation
The PM-Partners project manager had overall accountability for executing the fit-out on behalf of Digital Reality, including:
- Procurement and construction sub-contractor management
- Implementing a robust client and stakeholder management framework
- Financial and reporting management
- Issue and risk management
- Steering committee and meeting facilitation
The outcome was a fully complete, 8-week duration, data centre fit-out and achieved lease revenue. Given the success of this project, the financial institute have expanded their floor space and are planning the next phase of this significant commercial growth.
Download PDF Version